Sark, originally a non-sense word, is simply ‘Shark’ without an ‘h’ and it has been used as my English name since my adolescence.
P. – the initial of Pangrui, my first name in Mandarin, is less introduced to my western friends as it is too confronting for them to pronounce.
Xing, my family name, is pronounced as ‘Sing’.
Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands — M.Sc.
2018 – 2020, Industrial Design, specializing in Interaction Design.
Beijing Normal University Zhuhai, China — B.Sc.
2014 – 2018, Industrial Design, specializing in Product Design.
- Excellent Graduate 2018, Industrial Design, BNUZ, achieved 87/100
- Xing, P. 2017. Folded paper toy kit. CN 206,404,327 U, filed Dec 26, 2016, and issued August 15, 2017
- Short-listed Award, 2016 China Universities Industrial Design Competition, Nov 2016
- 1st Prize Scholarship 2016, Industrial Design, BNUZ, #1 ranked candidate
- 2nd Prize, 2016 Dong Guan International Industrial Design Competition
- 2019 Dutch Technology Week, Eindhoven, NL
- 8th Guangdong Industrial Design Expo, Dec 2016
- 2nd Biennale of The Academy Awards | The Guangdong College Design Works, Dec 2016
- Back-end: Arduino, Bash Script, Processing, Database OOCSI(data foundry), Firebase Realtime Database.
- Prototyping: Electronics, Foam/Laser-cut/3D modelling, Sketching, GUI Mock-up.
- User Evaluation: Wizard of Oz, Field Study, Semi-structured Interview, Thematic Analysis.
- Computer-aid Design: Phototshop, SolidWorks, Keyshot, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Final Cut Pro.